Why I love Yoo Jae Suk
I must apologize for taking such a long time in updating this series. I must admit, I was sincerely stuck with Yoo Jae Suk because I had no idea what to write about him. It’s just a universal truth that everyone loves him and he’s a perfect human being etc. etc. SO HOW DO I BLOG ABOUT THAT?
But I guess the basis of this is my feelings, and how Jae Suk has affected me and my life, and hopefully, someone else will be able to see the same reaction in their own life. So this is part two of the “Why I love” series.
Why I love Yoo Jae Suk
- His incredible wit and talent for entertainment. I mean just in the below gif he says “YOON EUN HYE” three times before Jongkook even has a chance to react! He’s always ready with a joke on the spot and he always manages to bring a smile to your face.
- His humor is very clean, and never, EVER, does he put someone down or insult anyone just to get laughs from the audience. If anything, he builds people up.
- He’s not afraid of damaging his image. He sacrifices his ego because he knows that someone, somewhere, will laugh, and that it’s part of his job to make people happier.
- He gives his all, no matter what the task or how grueling the load. How many times has he done missions on Running Man that have terrified him? And there have been COUNTLESS accounts from the members and cast about how he will be very tired and downbeat some days but as soon as the camera starts rolling, he has a confident and bright smile on his face.
- DANCE KING YOO HYUK. THAT IS ALL. (observe how Gwangsoo backs away)
- He is kind and caring and always puts others first. Just recently in episode 113 when it was raining he made sure all of his team members got on the bus before he did. In episode 3 when they had to jump into the pool from various heights and Gwangsoo froze up with fear, Jae Suk assured him it was okay to come down, even though that obviously meant they would lose the game.
- He is the most famous celebrity in Korea and never would you think so by the way he acts. There are HUNDREDS of fan accounts of him meeting people and being incredibly humble. Even in Running Man footage he greets everyone he passes by. Jae Suk and Gary helped a grandmother and her grandchild get down a hill. He gives importance to each of the members and CAN WE EVER FORGET THE LIE DETECTOR MISSION when he clearly said he didn’t believe he was the center of Running Man.
- He loves and protects his family’s privacy with utmost diligence. Remember how he froze up during the 2011 SBS award ceremony while giving a message to his wife? It’s obvious he loves her and their son very much, but he doesn’t want to thrust them into the spotlight unnecessarily. Recently he said that his son (who is about 3 or so) understands that he can’t go out with his family like a regular person because they would probably get mobbed. And as much as he wants to take his family out and have a wonderful time with them, he doesn’t want to put them into a position that would make them uncomfortable. He sacrifices his own desires to protect his family and there is nothing more noble than that.
- BUTT LIGHTNING. I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. (notice how Changmin tries to back away discreetly)
What Yoo Jae Suk has taught me:
- In kindness there is strength.
- You can dance all you want, however you want, with whatever name you want. Nothing matters as long as you have fun.
- Something that makes you happy is not worthless, in fact, it’s worth is increased by such a trait.
- Love is not something that decreases every time you give it to someone, you can love your colleagues, your co-workers, your family and even people who may have a lower “status” than you.
- As long as you do your best at something, you have no reason to be ashamed of the result.
- Love is just another name for sacrifice.
- Taking care of people does not put you at a disadvantage, nor does it make you weak.
- Learning to laugh at yourself is a wonderful thing.